Considering an Abortion?
Navigating an unplanned pregnancy takes courage and strength. If you are considering an abortion, you will need a pre-abortion assessment in order to understand what options you have. Because there are medical risks associated with both surgical abortions and the abortion pill, it’s important to complete a pre-abortion assessment to also protect your health.
These appointments are provided at no cost to you, and include:
- Lab-quality pregnancy testing
- Ultrasound, if determined to be eligible after medical screening
- STI testing and limited treament, if needed
- Prelimary bloodwork to include blood type, CBC to determine if you’re anemic, etc.
- Vital signs and a limited physical exam
- Options education based on your results
A pre-abortion assessment is an important step in understanding your situation, answering your abortion questions, and helping determine the next steps in your pregnancy so you can make a well-informed decision.